Sunday, February 4, 2018

28mm French Napoleonic Legere - test paint


I spent a large chunk of Nov/Dec hobby time assembling (trimming, cleaning, gluing) models rather than painting. It's not terribly interesting to document on a blog. These guys were finished right around the start of the new year but I was remiss in getting a photo of them.



My big push was to clean up and put on painting sticks all my French 28mm stuff. Help to figure out what I actually have (as I have a small pile of warlord, victrix, perry's, and lead). I did a small lot for my initial test paint as I decided to see how priming in blue would work. Seems to have turned out okay. I still need to base these guys properly, but I will wait till I have a large block to work on.

 These fine gentlemen are from the perry box of french line. They come with 6 out of 42 skirmishing figures as voltiguers. I decided to paint them as legere voltigues (blue pants and different poms/shoulder boards). The dead figs are from a cavalry box I beleive. Don't look too close as one of them is actually a british sculpt (le gasp!).


5 comments:

  1. I like the way you have them placed on the base- a little staggered and uneven. Just as I imagine skirmishers would look. What system are you basing them for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the intent was to make it look like a ragged skirmish line. The system is General du Corp....which is a (so far) unpublished fast play convention rule set by Doug over at Dots of Paint. I'm sure he will host at least one game at Trumpeter Salute. They are great eye candy and play to a definitive conclusion in a single 'block'....rare indeed for a naps ruleset.

      Delete
  2. Very nice setup. Feel sorry for the blighters tho, skirmishers didnt tend to last very long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that. Were they run off by horse? Or was there worse casualty rates with skirmish vs skirmish rather than massed volleys?

      Delete
    2. A mixture really. Skirmish fire vs Skirmishers tended to be more accurate and yes, being run off by horse as that was cavalry's main task I think.

      Delete